Congress first passed a law in 1988 which mandated that all explicit content producers keep records of the ages and identities of adult performers engaging in sexual acts. The law has been challenged and reworked for almost 10 years to get to its current form. Currently, any adult video showing sexually explicit material must keep records detailing the ages and identities of any performers.
Here are some porn legal documents you need:
- You need 2257 compliance.
- You should have signed consent from each actor.
- You should have physical records of the identity of each performer.
- You should permanently archive these documents so you always have access to them.
For each adult performer, you need legal proof of identity. Some primary identity documents you can use include:
Adult Website Lawyer Passports
Pornsite Law studentid
Adult Content Legal Issues GovernmentID
Adult Website Lawyer GreenCard
Pornsite Law CreditCard
Secondary documents could be:
Adult Content Law BirthCert
Adult Website Legal Issues SocialSecurity
Pornsite Lawyer Utility
Adult Content Legal
You should ideally be getting 2 forms of photo ID and you should have a photo ID guide that allows you to look at IDs and verify that they’re valid. You can order a detailed photo ID guide online if you don’t already have one.
Porn Legal Document Handling
It’s important to handle your porn legal documents carefully so that you have safe and secure storage and access when needed. Records will do you no good if you can’t find them or if they get lost. Keep detailed, organized records, with secure online backup. Here are some tips on record-keeping:
- Obtain 2257 documentation such as copies of IDs, release waivers, and payment contracts.
- Designate a custodian of records which is a legal term indicating who in your corporation is delegated to have daily control and access to your records. Pick someone responsible and reliable because records will save you from porn legal trouble. This custodian could be a service provider like Easy2257.com.
- Future-proof your records. Make sure that you don’t store your docs on one device or in a media that will be out of date and limit your access at some point. Don’t just keep screenshots or records on your phone or laptop. Make sure you have cloud storage or an external storage device so you can access the records from any device at any time. Keep all your passwords secure and have backup ways to access all of your accounts.
- Keep all records permanently. Just because someone stops acting in your adult videos, quits, or even if you stop doing business, you still need access to your records. You never know when porn legal issues or questions can arise. If the docs don't exist, you can’t host or market your content or put your adult videos on tube sites or your website. Web hosts, tube sites, and lawyers may at any time request your docs. If the docs don’t exist, you will not be able to host.
- Don’t use content if you don’t have documents. If the docs can be produced, you could be in trouble, and at the very least, you won’t be able to use the content. You don’t want to be in a lawsuit about ANY aspect of your business and productions and have a big hole in your chain of custody. If you don’t have all the documents for each person in your productions, it goes against your credibility in the industry and potentially in a court of law.